We often overlook the underlying dangers of modern appliances and hardware in the home. As diligent guardians, can we do better to protect our children from harmful situations?
In recognition of Burn Awareness Week, we have put together a flyer chock full of helpful tips and tricks you can use to keep your loved ones safe!
Always Have a Plan
- Developing a Home Fire Escape Plan with your family is a must.
- Always know two ways to escape each room.
- Set up a safe meeting place away from your home.
- Keep matches out of reach of small children.
- Always keep chemicals clearly marked (flammable substances in color coded containers).
- Store flammable substances outside to reduce risk.
- Keep hot items away from the edges of counter space.
- Do not touch or pull electrical cords: practice outlet safety.
- When cooking, keep hands away from sink and stove.
- Immediately flush burned area with cool, clear water for 15-20min.
- Do not apply ointments.
- If the burn is serious, call 9-1-1 immediately.
Make sure to share this flyer with your loved ones so you can rest easy knowing your family is prepared for fire and burn danger!